Image of St. Augustine at St. Thomas of Villanova Church
Detail of a stained glass window with Mary holding Our Mother of Good Counsel Parish Church, Bryn Mawr, Pa. The window is one of fifteen windows made by the Tirolese Art Glass Company for the Church, which opened in 1885.
A few resident friars gathered at the Saint Thomas Monastery in Villanova,Pa.
The Augustinian Order's Secretariat for Justice and Peace in Rome organized a conference "Pursuing the Path of Justice and Peace," held at Villanova University in 2011. Pictured are Augustinians and laity from 13 conscriptions around the globe who attended the conference
Emeka Xris Obiezu, O.S.A., is the Permanent Representative for the Augustinian International Non-governmental Organization (NGO) at the United Nations.
John J. Lydon, O.S.A., has served in the Peru mission since 1983.
Friars process into the St. Thomas of Villanova Church, on the campus of Villanova University, for Craig M. McMahon's ordination to the priesthood, on June 22, 2013.
Merrimack College was founded by the Augustinians in 1947 at the invitation of Richard Cushing, the Archbishop of Boston, to help respond to the needs of local G.I.s returning from World War II.
In 1959, Augustinians of the Vice Province of Our Mother of Good Counsel founded Saint Augustine Prep as a minor seminary. In 1963, twelve students graduated. In 2009, the Prep celebrated its 50th anniversary with a student population of 691 students.
Malvern Prep was originally part of the Augustinian's plan to foster vocations with its roots date back to the first schools the Augustinians operated in Olde City Philadelphia and later at Villanova. It became Malvern Prep when it moved to Malvern Pa. in 1922.
These candles are on the altar during the commissioning Mass for new Augustinian Volunteers and each service site receives one of the candles, which are lit during their communal prayer time. At the end of the year, what is left of the candles is melted down and becomes the base for the new candles. The Volunteers are celebrating their 15th anniversary in 2015.
Prior Provincial of the Province of Saint Thomas of Villanova, Father Michael F. Di Gregorio, O.S.A., greets school children during his visit to Augustinian missions in the Vicariate of Japan.
Augustinian Volunteers have a service site in Peru, where they teach English to school children and seminarians.
Major Superiors of the Order met in Rome in June of 2014,. The group was comprised of 41 Major Superiors and included Priors Provincial and Regional Superiors, Superiors of Vicariates and members from Delegations.
Father Mathew Carr, O.S.A., shakes the hand of President George Washington who stands with Commodore John Barry and Thomas Fitzsimons. George Washington dontaed $50 to the fund to build St. Augustine Chruch in Philadelphia, Pa., the first Augustinian Church in Philadelphia.
St. Augustine Statue
Cover photo for The Augustinian Magazine, Winter 2010 by Daniel J. McLaughlin, O.S.A.
Olde St. Augustine Church, Philadelphia, Pa. Watercolor by Jack Stagliano. O.SA.