1914 – 1966 (August 8)
James G. Corrigan, son of John Corrigan and Annie Cullen, was born in the Bronx, New York, on January 18, 1914. He was baptized at Our Lady of Mercy Church in 1914, and was confirmed in 1920 at St. Nicholas of Tolentine Church, the Bronx, in which parish he received his elementary and high school education. He then studied for one year at Manhattan College.
He was received into the novitiate in September, 1932, and made first profession of vows on September 11, 1933, and solemn vows on the same date in 1936. After studies at Villanova, where he received his B.A. in Philosophy, and theological studies in Washington, D.C., he was ordained to the priesthood on June 10, 1940. He did further studies in Mathematics, Engineering and Chemistry at Villanova and at Catholic University of America.
In 1941 he was affiliated to the new Province of Our Mother of Good Counsel and taught at Saint Thomas High School in Rockford, Illinois, until 1955. He was then assigned to Austin High School in Detroit, Michigan.
Father Corrigan suffered for several years from emphysema, and was transferred to Cascia Hall in 1963. He died on August 8, 1966 and is buried in the Augustinian plot at Villanova.