1899 – 1970 (October 21)
Charles J. McCarron, son of John McCarron and Mary Gibbons, was born in Philadelphia, PA. on April 16, 1899, and was baptized at Saint Monica Parish, South Philadelphia. He attended St. Leo Parochial School, Roman Catholic High School and Saint Joseph College before being received on June 27, 1920. He made his simple profession of vows on December 24, 1921, and graduated from Villanova College in June 1924. He was ordained to the priesthood on June 11, 1927 by Bishop Crane at the Philadelphia Cathedral.
Father McCarron's first assignment was as assistant pastor in Saint Mary's Church, Waterford, NY. He also served at Saint Clare's Church in Grosse Pointe, MI and at Our Mother of Consolation Church in Chestnut Hill, Philadelphia.
He was a chaplain in the United States Army from July 1942 until 1946. For seventeen years Father served on the Augustinian Mission Band and in 1956 he was appointed prior and pastor of Our Mother of Good Counsel Church in Hollywood, CA. He was then assigned as assistant pastor at Saint Nicholas of Tolentine Church, Atlantic City, NJ.
Father McCarron died at Rosemont Manor Nursing Home after several years of illness and blindness. At his Funeral Mass, Father Gerald McCarron of New Monmoouth, NJ, his nephew, preached. Father Charles McCarron was buried in Saint Mary Hall Cemetery, Villanova. Later, his remains were removed to Calvary Cemetery, West Conshohocken, PA.