1889 – 1967 (April 18)
William Liguori Fink was born on August 29, 1889, in McSherrystown, Pennsylvania, to John J. Fink and Mary Shorb. He received his elementary education at St. Joseph Parochial School, McSherrystown, and after completing one hear of high school at St. Joseph, he entered the Augustinian minor seminary at St. Rita's Hall, Villanova, Pennsylvania, where he completed his secondary education. He was received into the novitiate on July 6, 1908, and professed simple vows on July 7, 1909, and solemn vows on September 22, 1912. After one year of collegiate studies at Villanova College, Villanova, he completed his undergraduate work in Rome. He then pursued theological studies in Rome, and was ordained to the priesthood on July 25, 1914.
From 1914 to 1923 he served at various Augustinian parishes on the east coast: Saint Nicholas Tolentine, Bronx, New York; Assumption, Lawrence, Massachusetts; Immaculate Conception, Hoosick Falls, N.Y; Mother of Good Counsel, Bryn Mawr, Pa.; Saint Augustine's Philadelphia, Pa., and for a time he was a member of the Mission Band. In 1923 he was named assistant pastor of Saint Augustine's parish in Detroit, Michigan; and in 1932 prior and pastor of this parish. In February, 1939, he was appointed prior and pastor of Saint Clare of Montefalco Parish in Chicago, and in July, 1947, he was transferred to Saint Mary's Parish in Rockford, Ill., as prior and pastor. In 1962 he was appointed prior of the religious community at Cascia Hall in Tulsa, Oklahoma.
Father Fink died of a heart attack on Tuesday, April 18, 1967 in Tulsa, Okla. He is buried in the Augustinian plot in Holy Sepulchre Cemetery.