1904 – 1969 (June 15)
William Francis Doyle was born September 22, 1904 in Chicago, Illinois, to James Doyle and Leonora Quill. He was baptized on September 25, 1904 in Holy Family Catholic Church, Chicago. Following graduation from St. Rita High School, Chicago, William was received into the novitiate on June 25, 1924. He professed simple vows on June 26. 1925 and solemn vows June 26, 1928., and earned a B. A. in Philosophy from Villanova College, Villanova, Pennsylvania, in 1928. He then pursued theological studies at Augustinian College, Washington, D. C., and was ordained to the priesthood on June 8, 1931. He did additional studies in Education and History at Villanova College.
Father Doyle was assigned to Mother of Consolation Parish, Chestnut Hill, Pennsylvania, in 1932. He taught at Cascia Hall School, Tulsa, Oklahoma, from 1935 until 1940. He was transferred in 1941 to St. Rita High School, Chicago. When the new Province of Our Mother of Good Counsel was formed in 1941, he was affiliated to that province. That same year he was elected Province Treasurer, and continued teaching at St. Rita High School. He served as prior of the Augustinian community at St. Rita High School from 1951 to 1954.
In 1954, Father Doyle was transferred to St. Clare of Montefalco Catholic Parish, Grosse Pointe Park, Michigan, where he was assistant pastor and prior. He was next assigned to St. Augustine Parish, Detroit, Michigan, as assistant. In 1960 he was transferred to St. Joseph Mission House, Fort Wayne, Indiana, where he remained until the time of his death, on June 15, 1969.He is buried in the Augustinian plot at Holy Sepulchre Cemetery, Alsip, Illinois.