1922 – 1986 (March 16)
Thomas F. Walsh, son of Thomas Walsh and Elizabeth Gilgun, was born on August 26, 1922 in Woburn, Massachusetts, and entered the Augustinian Novitiate in 1943, after two years at Augustinian Academy, Staten Island, New York. He was simply professed on September 10, 1944 and ordained to the Priesthood by Bishop McNamara in Washington, D.C. on June 5, 1951.
Father Walsh’s first assignment, a very brief one, was in Cuba. In September of 1952 he began his priestly ministry in California at Our Mother of Good Counsel Church in Los Angeles. He moved to Saint Thomas Aquinas Church, Ojai in 1964 and remained there until 1970. After helping in formation work in San Francisco at Cole Street for a year, he moved to Modesto, CA and taught at Central Catholic High School from 1971 to 1974. He then returned to Ojai until 1979. At that time he returned to Our Mother of Good Counsel where he remained in "limited-service" until his death.
Following his Funeral Mass at Our Mother of Good Counsel Parish on March 19, 1986, Father Walsh was buried at Calvary Cemetery, Woburn, Massachusetts.