1856 – 1930 (April 4)
Timothy Francis Herlihy, son of Timothy Herlihy and Mary Sweeny, was born in Glenn's Falls, New York on August 1, 1856. He entered the novitiate at Villanova, PA in 1880, and was professed on February 2, 1881. He made his solemn profession on February 3, 1884, and was ordained to the priesthood in the Cathedral in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, on January 11, 1885, by Archbishop Ryan.
After ordination, Father Herlihy taught at Villanova. Then he served in our missions at Saint Denis' in Havertown, PA beginning in 1890. In 1892, he was assigned to Saint Nicholas of Tolentine Parish, Atlantic City, New Jersey, and in 1894, was transferred to Our Mother of Consolation Parish, Chestnut Hill, PA. In 1898, Father Herlihy was assigned to Saint Augustine Parish in Lansingburg, N.Y, where he remained until 1902. In that year he returned to Villanova.
Father Herlihy spent the last two years of his life at Saint Mary's in Lawrence, MA, where he died on April 4, 1930. He was 74. He is buried in Saint Mary's Cemetery.